Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Status Update.

I think the iPad craziness was due more to sweaty fat fingers. It's easier to use now, but typing is still not quite as easy as I'm used to.Anyway, I had my MRI, and I had an echocardiogram on my throat. Last I heard the echo was still being looked at. The good news is all the major stuff is done. All I've got now is some physical therapy and maybe another chest x-ray or two while they monitor my lungs.If the cardiologists had their way, I'd get my defibrillator tomorrow. The pulminary doctor, however, wants to wait until Monday to make sure I'm completely out of the pneumonia woods.So Monday I'll be going to Hackensack Memorial for the defibrillator. They're going to keep me at least overnight for observation. After that, I go home. So now it's just a waiting game to get my strength up. The nurses keep remarking how I look better each day, so that's good.Once I get home, no driving for six months. That's the danger time in which another episode is likely to happen, and behind the wheel of a car is an extremely bad place to get zapped.Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I had a couple surprising and very welcome visitors, and my mood couldn't be better for all the support I have. Apparently I also have a prayer circle that rings the US.Thank you everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment