Monday, April 9, 2012

Out of the woods, but not out of the park

They moved me out of ICU to Radiology. I'm on solid foods now, but I haven't yet seen what foods they're letting me have.The next step is an MRI, which I've heard rumblings that could be as early as this afternoon. I ultimately need to get a defribillator, which will happen most likely sometime this week. If all goes well, I'll be home and done by the end of the week. I don't really know the plan so much, though.More as we know more, but I'm out of the ICU craziness.

3 comments:

  1. I was in the hospital last week for a suspected heart attack. I was lucky. I'm fine, but I just went through all of the blood work, C.T. Scan, X-Ray, E.K.G., etc. It was horrible...and I was only there for about 10 hours or so. I can only begin to imagine how horrible this must be for you Chris. Let us know when you're up for more visits. Maybe I could get you a stylus for the iPad so you could use it easier! Or Miriam, could you use some food? Maybe something that you can reheat easily and leave in the fridge so you don't have to worry about cooking? Or maybe a snuggie? Those hospital blankets are never enough. Let us know. We're here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks guys. We're both all right, but if you really feel like driving all the way to Holy Name, visiting is noon to 8:30, only two at a time, but I think some company when I get home would be nice, since I can't drive for six months.

    More updates coming.

    ReplyDelete