Saturday, April 7, 2012

Miriam's updates part two

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Sophie Plante wrote:
I spoke with Miriam earlier today, and she asked that I send out a quick update. Today was another good day! They were able to extubate Chris this morning and take him off the sedatives. He has been awake and talking, and really doing a lot better. He still has a bad cough, and is still fighting the pneumonia off, but things are looking much better now that he is off the vent. Miriam will keep us updated, but for now she is spending as much time with Chris and enjoying being able to have a conversation with him again!! :0)Lots of love!! Sophie ~

8:00 AM 4/7/12
UPDATE Sorry to all for no update last night and thank you Sophie for helping me out updating yesterday. As of 8 PM last night Chris was making remarkable progress. At first his short term memory was shaky but as the day went on even that was getting better. He is, from what I can tell, his old self. He is even joking around telling me it was nice of him to wait until I got home to have his heart attack. He was very happy to hear that in the commotion on Monday I dropped his cell phone and it has not worked since so he is getting a new I Phone - something good always comes from something bad. The cough is the worst part of this whole scenario right now and the doctors took him to get a CT scan of his chest to figure out why that is not abating. I do not have the results of that yet. BTW - Chris thought the CT Scan was "really cool". (He was on Codeine at the time of the comment.) Still also waiting on the neurological assessment now that he is off the sedatives.More updates to come! Many, many thanks for the prayers, thoughts and love. Keep it coming! I am a big believer in the power of positive thinking.

9:00 PM 4/7/12
UPDATE Chris continues his steady and amazing progress. He is on a liquid diet today and the coughing is far less than yesterday. He is retaining memory more. He is still working on the pneumonia but perhaps Chris is starting beat it since the coughing has receded. Most importantly, he is now playing with his ipad. If you are on FaceBook, please go ahead and send him a message. He would really like that. Please so not call him as I broke his cell phone on Monday and I have a feeling it is beyond repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment