Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm back

It has been both a very long and very short six months.

Looking back, I should have kept up with the journaling. I think it would have helped me better deal with all this. I started to write a little, something of a memoir, but stopped because I didn't really know what to write.

Well, I'm going to try journaling instead. I'm much better mentally from where I started, but the aftershocks linger. Being able to drive again and having everything back to "normal" feels a lot better than I anticipated. I'm also exercising, reclaiming my body. That feels good, too.

I don't know what's going into this blog, or how often it'll happen. I'm going to make a concerted effort to do it, but I'm not much of a blogger. I do apologize if anyone's come here looking for updates over the past six months. I believe I was active in Facebook, but that doesn't carry over to this blog.

I went back and edited the previous posts for readability. It's amazing how the mind takes care of itself. I only vaguely remember the hospital now. I think I remember writing some of that, but it all sort of blends together. And there might have been one nightmare, but I'm not sure. Regardless, the mental impact was more subtle and still profound, yet not as bad as I was afraid of.

I'm slower than I used to be, and I lose words more often, but there's been no real degradation of my mental function. I think I'm really the only one who notices. Of course, it could just be hypochondria.

There's also no real effect on me physically - aside from becoming fat and out of shape. I'm exercising daily. Not pushing myself, just moving a bit, building up endurance slowly. The progress is astounding, though. It's amazing how quickly the body can get stronger and adapt.

Anyway, much like I'm adding the exercise to my daily routine to strengthen my body, I think I need to add blogging to strengthen my soul. I'm doing better - Miriam says I'm almost like a totally new person - but I could be doing better still.

Thank you for staying with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment